NEW BRANFELS – The high-level prank at New Branfels High School on Wednesday night ended with a crowd of students violating the area detained by police and massive cleaning efforts before the school was able to reopen.

ISD New Braunfels said several groups of students wandered around campus overnight and left behind a “huge mess”. Although no criminal charges had been filed as of Thursday morning, the NBHS senior told KSAT that she had been dismissed and may not be allowed to attend graduation.

“Basically, they said that anyone who came last night is automatically rejected,” Liberty Ruhl said.

The photos circulating among the students show toilet paper scattered from the ceiling, and NBHS senior Hank Boatwright told KSAT he saw people throwing meat and eggs into the wall.

Now the question arises whether to allow high school students to enter the stage at graduation.

“Most of the children were innocent and they didn’t want to be involved. It was probably about 10 or 15, ”said Boatwright, who estimated that there were at least 100 children on campus for the prank.


A screenshot of what looks like an NBPD letter was posted on social media and listed other damage, such as broken case locks, stolen trophies, holes in walls, sewers clogged with mashed potatoes, and flooding from fountains with tethers. handles.

An NBPD spokesman said he could not confirm or deny the information in the message because it is an ongoing investigation.

The department said officers were called to the school at 10:20 p.m. for reports of people at the school.

They arrived to identify “a large number of people committing criminal acts,” the NBPD said in a statement.

Although the crowd dispersed, the NBPD said officers were able to detain “a relatively large number”, all were identified and eventually released from the scene.

The department said the district is still evaluating the damage assessment, and no charges have been filed yet.

Boatwright expected a much more restrained prank of the elders, balloons and toilet paper, “but it got out of hand shortly after its appearance.”


“I was given time and I was told there would be balloons. And that’s why I just showed up, “Boatwright said.” I think most kids did that. I don’t think a lot of kids knew it was going to be so bad. “

Boatwright said people were throwing meat and eggs and “a lot of vandalism” and that he “got out as soon as I realized everything was going downhill”.

“I think when everyone is with their friends. They just think it’s crazy to go crazy, so people just got out of control, ”Boatwright said.

The steering wheel also expected an easy prank.

“I came in the back door, and it was just balloons, streamers – that sort of thing. And I said, “Okay, that’s what was planned.” The steering wheel said KSAT. “And then, for example, a couple of people came in with cheese and instant mashed potatoes. And I kind of knew that from there it would go south. And there were, for example, people barricaded doors with, for example, tables and the like. People were in ski masks, obviously trying not to be seen by cameras. After that, I just left. “


Ruhl believes security cameras captured her and expected that she would eventually have to talk to the school administration. However, she did not expect that she would eventually be dismissed given the limited time she spent at school.

“The director told us like,‘ No matter how far you go, if you broke initially when you walked in the door, you’re rejected, ”Ruhl said.

Ruhl said she will not attend school until Monday and will then be expelled from school for the finals on Tuesday and Wednesday.

However, the final rehearsal is also on Wednesday, and if she fails to come, Ruhl says she will not be able to go to graduation the next day.

Ruhl and her mother Terry are unclear whether she will be able to make it to graduation or not, although Terry Ruhl said she has spoken to the principal.

“He just said it’s an investigation and it will be determined after the New Braunfels Police Department conducts an investigation. They will contact us and tell us who will walk and who will not, ”Terry Ruhl said.


An NBISD spokeswoman said because of privacy issues she could not comment on whether students would be dismissed or not.

Initially, the school district postponed high school start time to 11 a.m. Thursday to ensure the campus was presentable.

However, several staff were recruited from across the district, and staff were able to finish by the usual start time at 8:50 p.m.

Read more educational stories on KSAT.

Copyright 2022, KSAT – All rights reserved.

Source by [author_name]

Previous articleStephen Roach warns of stagflation, calling the peak of inflation absurd
Next articleMcCollum wants to continue the deep playoff series